Our Commitment to You
We, at SOCIALDEALER, understand and respect that you and your dealership’s privacy is of the utmost importance. It is because of this philosophy that you can be confident that the information you divulge to SOCIALDEALER will not be accessible in any way that is inconsistent with this policy. Neither will it be sold or otherwise distributed to third parties other than in accordance with this policy without your consent. SOCIALDEALER is not a source of unsolicited emails or text messages.
- What Personal Details do you need to know?
The minimum of information we ask for SOCIALDEALER is your name, telephone number, email address and dealership affiliation. As an SOCIALDEALER subscriber, we may also need to know your cellular provider. You may update this information at any time by simply clicking on the ‘personal profile’ link.
- What do you use my personal details for?
We will use your name so that we can personalize your experience with us. We will use your email address to contact you from time to time and we will use your email address for security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are.
- We also collect other data, which may include your IP address and what browser you are using. We use this information to statistically analyze site usage and to customize our site’s content, layout and services. The resulting information will allow us to improve our site and better understand and serve our users. It is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis only.
- What do you use my dealership’s details for?
Your dealership’s information is used within the SOCIALDEALER system to provide the services that have been described on the Corporate section of our website and further defined in the body of the application. SOCIALDEALER may reference your dealership’s subscription as part of our sales, marketing or advertising promotions. With your dealership’s prior permission, SOCIALDEALER may reference your dealership’s information for demonstration purposes.
- Does SOCIALDEALER sell my information to third parties?
As a matter of policy, we do not sell, rent or lend any of your personal or dealership information to third parties other than in accordance with this policy without your consent. However, the following describes some of the ways that your personal or dealership information may be used in the normal routine to provide our range of services to you.
- Service Management
- You agree that we may use personal or dealership information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize the Site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site.
- Internal Service Providers for Our Operations
We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the business, product and service operations that we provide to you (e.g., dealer management system integrators, auction information providers, and vehicle guidebook data providers) and therefore we may provide some of your personal or dealership information directly to these internal service providers. These internal service providers’ are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of the information we provide them for any other purpose except to facilitate the specific outsourced SOCIALDEALER related operation, unless you have explicitly agreed or given your prior permission to them for additional uses.
We disclose non-personally identifiable aggregated (gather up data across all member accounts) information to advertisers and other third parties.
- Law Enforcement
SOCIALDEALER cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you, your dealership and the SOCIALDEALER service. Therefore, in response to a genuine request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can disclose personal or dealership information about you and your dealership. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal or dealership information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal or dealership information or private communications will always remain private. Credit card processing and all related information is encrypted and protected through the services of VeriSign Inc, a leading secure Internet credit card payment processing enterprise. Security and privacy related to the VeriSign credit card payment transactions can be viewed directly from their site.
It is possible that as we continue to develop our website and our business, SOCIALDEALER’s service and/or related assets might be acquired. Notwithstanding any provision in this policy to the contrary, in event of a merger or acquisition, your personal information may be transferred to the acquiring entity, and become subject to the acquirer’s data practices.
- How secure is your web server?
Our web servers are locked in cages in an internet data center constructed with double aluminum walls and high-impact resistant glass. This center offers the widest range of physical security features including state-of-the-art smoke detection and fire suppression systems, motion sensors, locked-down floor tiles, as well as video camera surveillance and security breach alarms.
- SOCIALDEALER uses industry standard technology to keep your personal information as safe as possible. Additionally, we have dedicated non-stop power systems, with multiple back-up generators, in case of power failure. Our servers are housed on a dedicated Ethernet segment with a dedicated router port for added network security.
- Will I be added to any mailing lists?
- Do you send unsolicited emails or text messages?
SOCIALDEALER will not send any unsolicited information, including email and text messages. You will, however receive emails and text messages which form an essential part of the service.
Cookies are a standard internet technology, and many major web sites use them to provide useful features for their members. Cookies allow us to store and retrieve login information on a user’s system. They provide us with data that we can use to improve our service to you. If you so choose, you can save your login or password so you don’t have to re-enter them each time you visit our site.
- How will I be notified of changes?
- How do I contact you?
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website or your dealings with this website, you can contact us via the contact us page.